There are many misconceptions about what causes high cholesterol and heart attacks.
Did you know that your Stress affects your Cardiovascular Health?
Do you watch what you eat; thinking that this is going to help your stress and Cardiovascular health?
If so, what foods are you avoiding and do you know if this is really helping?
Although you do ingest cholesterol from over processed food sources and fatty, grain fed meats; this is actually not a factor as to why you may be suffering from “high cholesterol.”
The fact that most people simply avoid “high fat” foods, believing this will lower cholesterol is a misnomer.
This common approach has caused a whole generation of individuals to be deficient in omega 3 fatty acids, which is a leading cause in arthritis.
In fact, cholesterol is a fat molecule that is created by your liver. It is the precursor to steroidal hormones, it manufactures vitamin D, and it repairs damaged tissue, which confirms the importance and need for healthy cholesterol levels.
When LDL cholesterol is seen in high percentage within your blood stream, it is not just because you have taken it in from high fat foods and is now clogging your arteries. It is due to several complex factors, which stem from within your bodies for the most part.
One of the main and unknown factors of high cholesterol is emotional and/or psychological stress, that have occurred over extended periods of time.
This extensive stress affects your physical body, by constantly expanding your arteries to create more blood flow to help mobilize you for the stressful situation. You are in a typical flight or fight response, which becomes a problem when it is chronic, and goes on for long periods of time.
This chronic long term stress on your arteries, creates damage, small tears and stretching that requires repair. It is the cholesterol that is produced by your liver that repairs this soft tissue. However long term stress, requires constant repairing.
This constant manufacturing of cholesterol to repair damaged arteries means there is going to be a build up and clogging of arteries over time. All because you have never stopped the original cause – the STRESS!
To stop this vicious circle takes some serious self reflection and changes in your life.
- When you are aware that you are feeling stressed during the day, take a few minutes to do some deep breathing. Take full deep breathes in to your abdomen, be sure that your out breathe is longer than the in breathe since the out breathe is the relaxing one.
- There are a number of different homeopathic remedies that can be employed to help you release stress, the key is to find out what you stress about and how it affects you. Two of the top remedies I employ are Aconite and Ignatia. When dealing with mental and emotional issues it is always best to start with these remedies at a 1M potency and go up from there. Another great support product is the Bach flower rescue remedy.
- Try to empty your mind of any unwanted thoughts that are helping feed the stress. If you can not do anything about the problem you are stressing about right now then let it go! Come back to it when you are more able to fully deal with it.If you have trouble simply emptying your mind then find something positive to focus on for a few minutes and allow the good emotions that go along with it to well up within you. This will distract you from the old negative thought for a while to allow your stress level to go down. For more qualitative support on eliminating stress, check out my Healing Kit – Stress, Anxiety & Overwhelm kit!
- Clean up your diet, removing any over processed foods and foods that are fried or full of bad fats. As this only adds more stress to your digestive system, which your liver is a part of!
- Cleanse your liver, gallbladder and bowels so that they are working more efficiently. By taking a high potency- 30 to 60 billion count of a multi probiotic, you will enhance your immune system and replenish your bowel with good healthy productive bacteria. To cleanse your liver, work with Chinese herbal bitters that are specific to helping open up and clean out toxins from your liver and gallbladder. Homeopathic remedies that can help are; Chelidonium, Nux Vomica, Lycopodium. You can get my Whole Body Detox Kit right here!
- Get some exercise! Any form of exercise will help release endorphins, which help to lift your mood and make you feel good. Exercise also releases tension, provided you are not over-extending yourself during your exercise.
- Add some support supplements for adrenal stress. A high B supplement taken according to manufacturing standards will go a long way to helping you cope with stress in a more level manor.
Every organ and organ system is essential in its own way. Being aware of your own body and how it functions in both health and illness will go a long way in helping you to make corrective decisions in time to maintain your own true health.
Have a health inspiring week,
If you loved this article, please feel free to share with one of the links below!