It’s time to Detox!
How do you know if it’s time for you to do a Detox? Click here to decide!
Detoxification can be a scary, confusing word for most people! Yet it is one of the most vital things we can do to honor ourselves. It helps remove built up toxins in the tissues and organs so they can properly heal and repair, ensuring us a long vital life.
I have done numerous different detox programs over my life. Each time, I learn a little bit more about myself and what works really well for me!
I know when I need to detox, because I start to have all kinds of unhealthy, chronic inflammatory symptoms;
Head ache and body aches, tired, excess swelling in limbs, hands, feet, really feel puffy all over, sleep gets interrupted, feel like I’m battling a cold but it never really comes (probably, because I still have a great support system!), finally my whole digestive system seems off with my stomach feeling not quite right, bowels up and down, gassy etc.
Last week I talked about “ramping” up to doing a detox. I generally have my clients do 1 to 2 weeks of a ramp up. What that generally means is getting yourself in to the right head space to know you are going to make some big changes for a few weeks.
Changes that ultimately are going to pay off with you feeling full of energy and pain free!
However, initially these changes are not necessarily easy. So it is wise to prepare yourself. No matter how many detox programs I do, I still have to get my head wrapped around it. I know it is going to be a shift from the “normal” regime. Which means I’m going to have to put extra effort into it so I need to be ready, willing and able!
Even if you are eating organic most of the time, we acquire toxins in so many ways. It’s hard to be completely vigilant. Toxins come via the air we breathe, the skin care products we use, the things we eat and drink, and the toxic energy fields around us.
Not only do we accumulate toxins through physical means but also energetically through our emotions and thoughts. We are surrounded daily by emotionally and mentally toxic people and it seems to get worse every year. If you react to the emotional and mental toxicity coming at you with similar energy then you are carrying that load as well!
So when deciding on a type of detoxification program, it should reflect your own level of health and ability to deal with a cleanse.
Of course, if you want to do a full individual, whole body cleanse, It would be wise to Book your private appointment today!
However, here are a few suggestions that are simple and easy to begin with. You can pick and choose the pace that works for you.
1. Try to eat only organic or clean food sources to reduce the toxic load on your body.
2. Eliminate foods that your body is really unable to process, such as – wheat, dairy, white sugar (really any excessive sugary things even too much simple fruits are full of sugar even if natural!), alcohol, caffeine, any kind of junk food or processed products at all (this means anything that is pre-made, like your favorite cookies and snacks : )).
3. Eat more fresh and raw if you can. Try to eat one super green food a day like kale, collards, broccoli, dark green lettuce. If you want to eat fruit try to stick to berries as they are less sugary and full of incredible anti-oxidants.
4. Keep your carbohydrates simple, like rice, barley, couscous, lentils etc.
5. Be sure you are getting your necessary protein by adding nuts, seeds like almonds, pecans, walnuts, sunflower seeds, hemp hearts, chia seeds, lentils and so on.
4. Eliminate bad fat sources but make sure you are getting good clean fats in to your diet for energy. Such as olive oil, coconut oil, butter (in moderation), also high fat foods like avocado and nuts. Provided your liver and gallbladder can handle the fats. If you are unsure contact me for a private session! Click here for my personal support!
5. Drink lots of fresh water daily, with fresh lemon. You can also try herbal detox teas like Flor-essence tea or make your own with powdered cinnamon, tumeric, ginger and milkthistle.
6. Try to simplify what you use on your body. Can you get the same product in a cleaner source? Probably! Try to reduce the products you use on your body like chemical body sprays etc for a while to give your body a break.
7. Try to switch most of your cleaning supplies and chemicals in your house to cleaner less toxic product. I find that the market for these types of products has improved along with the effectiveness of the products.
8. Pay attention to your emotions and thoughts during your cleanse. Is there a pattern or theme to them? I tend to find that by cleaning up my physical body, my thoughts and emotions go through a change as well!
Remember as you cleanse your body you cleanse your whole being, helping to eliminate chronic disease and inflammation on all levels!
Happy Whole Detoxing!
In True Resonant Health,
ps. remember if you loved this article, please share! xo