Are you insulin resistant?
How would you even know?
Believe it or not, 90% of the population has some form of insulin resistance.
And did you know; that insulin resistance is the leading factors of type 2 diabetes, fatty liver disease, high cholesterol, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, alzheimers, Parkinson’s and so on.
In fact, all metabolic, hormonal and neurodegenerative diseases stem, first and foremost from insulin resistance.
So what is insulin resistance?
For starters, insulin is a hormone that facilitates the transport of blood sugar (glucose) from the bloodstream into cells throughout the body for use as fuel. In response to the normal increase in blood sugar after a meal, the pancreas secretes insulin into the bloodstream.
With insulin resistance, the normal amount of insulin secreted, is not sufficient to move excess amounts of glucose into the cells – thus the cells are said to be “resistant” to the action of insulin. To compensate, the pancreas secretes insulin in ever-increasing amounts to try to maintain the blood-sugar movement into cells but is unable to do so. Creating a huge imbalance and the eventual shutting down of insulin production, which is type 2 diabetes.
Because insulin is one of our “major” hormones, it’s also impossible for your body to balance its “minor” hormones (estrogen, progesterone and testosterone among them) until your insulin metabolism is balanced first. Thus the reason that insulin resistance is behind so many health problems.
The reason insulin resistance is such a common health issue, is due to a high carbohydrate and sugary diet. Insulin resistance is basically carbohydrate toxicity or sugar overload. When we ingest way more carbohydrates (which turn to sugar/glycogen in our body) as well as sugar, than our body can possibly process, insulin resistance occurs.
If you where born in the 60’s, 70’s 80’s and 90’s; you where brought up mainly on pre-made, package products. The quick and easy era, since most families needed a double income to keep up with society.
We no longer had mom at home full time to make us raw, natural foods from scratch.
The average pre-package product, contains more sugar in the form of fructose, which is 10 times more destructive than simple white sugar, as well as over exceeds most daily carbohydrate needs.
9 Ways that Eating Processed Food can make you Sick!
And here’s the real kicker!
If like me, you where fed baby formula extensively, than you would have gone into insulin sensitivity leading to insulin resistance; and you would have stayed there the rest of your life; unless you consciously put your body into nutritional ketosis (see below).
But first – check out the first couple ingredients on the most popular infant formula –
Corn syrup, also known as high corn fructose, the number 1 leading cause of type 2 diabetes, Sugar may be bad, but fructose is far worse!
And don’t even get me started on the rest of the toxic ingredients. Notice the bottom says no dairy ingredients! So if there is no milk whatsoever what is the point of feeding this toxic sludge. We’d be far better off making a more highly nutritious bone broth soup.
Any how, as you can see there are lots of reasons why most of us struggle with this issue and all the health concerns related to it.
If you aren’t sure whether you are insulin resistant, please read through this list of common symptoms.
If you have at least 2-3 of these symptoms you are probably insulin resistant to some degree;
- Chronic fatigue regardless of amount of quality sleep.
- Inability to sleep fully through the night. Frequent trips to the bathroom or sleep apnea.
- Emotional stress around eating. Irritable when food is missed or haven’t eaten enough.
- inability to lose excess weight around abdomen, no matter the amount calorie reduction or exercise you do.
- Dry, irritated and weakening eyesight, more sensitive to bright light along with poor night vision.
- Weak digestion, may be prone to bloating and gas or acid reflux and heartburn.
- Mid afternoon energy slump is extreme, can barely make it through the work day. Eating sugar alleviates this but only temporarily.
- Blood pressure lower than normal, with high triglyceride levels, high LDL levels (the bad cholesterol) and low HDL (the “good” cholesterol).
- Cravings for something sweet or for more food, shortly after eating a full meal. Insulin resistant people tend to have a massive appetite! Their eyes are bigger than their stomach syndrome.
- Chronic water retention/oedema, especially in the hands and feet.
- Chronic aches and pains, especially after rest. This often indicating some form of arthritis or joint inflammation. Chronic inflammation is a sign of high insulin levels, triggered by excess glycogen/sugar in your system.
If you have all or most of these symptoms, I highly suggest making some changes to your diet and lifestyle immediately!
So how do you start to reverse your insulin resistance?
1. Begin to switch your diet over to a ketogenic nutritional program. By following this simple food list –
Which will help you begin to clean up your diet. By removing excess carbohydrate and sugar consumption, your body will begin to burn up it’s excess glycogen stores over time; thereby, reducing your insulin over production and restoring your metabolism to more healthy, balanced state.
2. Begin to repair and your digestive health with this amazing healing kit – Digestive Support kit. Where you will discover the #1 support tool we are all deficient!
Most of us have a very weak digestion system, due to years of poor dietary choices. Which leads, to an inability to breakdown our food properly, causing malabsorption, leading to chronic illness and eventually disease.
3. Make sure you have some form of daily physical activity. Moderate physical activity will help the body remove cellular toxicity through the lymphatic system; as well as, increasing muscle strength, improve your metabolism and make you feel happier.
4. Last, but certainly not least; one of the most important steps, is to put your body into nutritional Ketosis!
What is Nutritional ketosis?
Nutritional Ketosis, is a biological survival mechanism, designed to ensure your bodies survives during times of famine. When all of your glycogen stores are used in your body, you will begin to produce ketones, which trigger your body to burn your own fat for fuel/energy. Thus giving you tons of mental clarity, and muscular stamina in order to go out and find food to survive.
Recently, many top medical professionals, scientists and nutritionists, are all beginning to recognize how vital it is to repairing our endocrine and metabolic/digestive system.
Because when the body is fuelled by fat, you not only reduce inflammation and degeneration but you give your body 220% more energy than when using carbs.
In fact, nutritional ketosis improves not only insulin resistance but all of these health problems, as well –
How can you achieve nutritional ketosis?
You can put your body into nutritional ketosis by either going on a super strict, low caloric, absolutely NO carb and sugar diet. Which will take you any where from 7 – 14 days to achieve ketosis, and I guarantee you it will be a struggle!
OR, you can use the scientifically, designed program, called KETOPIA. That supplies your body with the necessary ketones, to put your body into nutritional ketosis within minutes to hours instead of days. And better yet, no starving!!
Click the image to learn more or click this link -Ketopia Reset – to purchase right now!
If you truly want to reverse your insulin resistance, be sure to take the time to follow the guidelines I have laid out here, you will begin to reverse, not only your insulin resistance but every other health ailment you struggle with that is connected to this deficiency.
Life is a journey, not a destination, and it should be a journey full of life, energy and joy!
As always, let me know your thoughts, your struggles and ways that I can help support you with your health journey.
In true resonant health, have a Self Inspiring week,
If you enjoyed this blog post, please share the health filled love with one of the links below.
And if you Loved this post, be sure to sign up for my newsletters and become a part of my Health Seeker Community. Where you will get even more free health tips, tricks and tools!