Sleep problems are sadly far too common today.
A recent report on:
Shows that 1 in 3 do not get the required amount, nor depth of sleep required to function well.
It was also found that 50% of women have trouble either getting to sleep and/or staying asleep.
The inability to get a good night sleep is incredibly detrimental to your whole health and well being.
Sleep is necessary so that your nerve sense system and your organs can rest and repair.
If you are not getting a full, deep sleep then you are not allowing your body to repair and heal.
Which leads to weakness and deficiency in how your body functions during the day. Opening the door to all kinds of health problems, like: obesity, Type 2 diabetes, cardiovascular disease, injuries, death from all causes, depression, irritability, mental fog, poor judgement and reduced overall sense of well-being.
It will also increase any pain and inflammation you may have, thus leading to even greater despair and frustration.
No wonder, when you have a crappy sleep you feel so miserable the next day!
Have no fear:
How To Get A Good Night Sleep!
There are of course a multitude of reasons we have trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep. There may be physical, mental &/or emotional reasons.
If you really want to finally solving your sleep issues fully; pop on over here (click this link) -> Sleep Support and pick up my complete kit designed to walk you though all the necessary steps and provide you with the right natural tools to do so.
To help you get started, here is a list of the main reason you may be struggling with your sleep and some ideas to begin fixing them.
- Temperature – sounds simple enough, but being too hot or too cold can significantly affect your sleep. Without you even knowing it. Everyone has a different response to temperature, so it will be up to you to figure out how much or how little covering and air temperature you require for that perfect sleep.
- Light – we are biologically programmed to wake with the sun. Any kind of light can trigger consciousness. Some people are more sensitive than others. A simple solution is to cover all windows with blackout blinds or use a fun eye cover.
- Sounds – this one is often over looked. I didn’t realize I tossed and turned due to any sound, until after I had children. My husband slept with ear plugs for years and I could never figure out why, until one year at the cottage. I was struggling to get to sleep due to all the noise from family being up later in a small space! So I grabbed an ear plug and I’ve been hooked since. Nights I forget my ear plug I toss and turn.
- Digestion – the digestive system takes the most energy of any thing we do. When you ask your body to digest and process food or drink later in the day, it is actually a heavy burden on your whole body. Try to eat most of your nutrients earlier in the day and eat more lightly in the evening, preferably have nothing after 8 pm. Also, food sensitivities will create inflammation in your digestive system. Thus causing sleep disturbances because your organs are “awake” all night trying to fix themselves instead of resting and recovering. The most common food sensitivities are: wheat, dairy, excess sugar and carbs.
- Toxicity – If you wake between midnight and 3 am, look to your kidneys as being over loaded, and interrupting your sleep. If you generally wake between 3 and 5 am then doing some liver, lung and gallbladder cleansing would be a good place to start.When doing any cleansing it is best to take a probiotic to support the bowels so that they can properly clear away the toxins.Taking a probiotic just before bed, may sometimes help relieve digestive stress and inflammation to allow a more restful sleep.
- Physical Pain & Inflammation – this is a huge topic, since there are all kinds of reasons behind an individuals pain and inflammation. As I mentioned earlier, food sensitivities create internal inflammation and pain. Most chronic joint pain not associated with an injury, such as fibromyalgia can be diet related. If you are struggling with chronic pain from either physical injury or non injury related, I suggest checking out these kits (just click on the name to read more: Pain & Inflammation kit &/or Digestive Support Kit.
- Unprocessed thoughts and emotions – these unprocessed issues may be recent or of long standing. If they are recent events and you are working through something, then this sleep disturbance should resolve once your conflict has been resolved. If however, you have had problems sleeping for a long period of time and toss and turn due to thoughts running through your head, chronic anxiety or depression, then the issue is more deep seated. If your sleep issues are chronic/long standing then I would highly suggest you talk with a Natural Health Care practitioner who is able to help you fully understand the state and what is necessary to help you release it fully.
Here are some extra support tools taken from my Sleep Support kit:
- Relaxation, starting at your toes and feet, concentrate on tightening the muscles in them and then relaxing, go to your calves, tighten and relax, upper thigh, abdomen, shoulders, arms hands etc… If you do this every night and focus on relaxing breathing while doing it, over time you will only need to begin and your body will know it’s supposed to shut down.
- Essential oils, if you have a diffuser for essential oils then using pure Cedar and lavender essential oils at night will help.
- Sleepy time teas made from dry herb or extracts, such as, Catnip, Lemon Balm, Skullcap, Mint, Yarrow, Passion Flower, Chamomile or Valerian root.
Hope this has given you some better insight into what may be causing your sleep issue and how to begin to resolve it once and for all.
Helping busy, health conscious individuals, like you, release all emotional & physical dis-ease; through a clear, easy to use system of healing in the comfort of your own home. So you can get back to enjoying what matters most!
If you enjoyed this blog post, please share the health filled love with one of the social share links.
And if you Loved this post, be sure to sign up for my newsletters and become a part of my Health Seeker Community. Where you will get even more free health tips, tricks and tools. Plus a HUGE Discount on your first on line purchase!