Whooping cough starts like the common cold, with a runny nose or congestion, sneezing, and maybe a mild cough or fever.
But after one to two weeks, more severe coughing can begin and may include many rapid coughs followed by a high-pitched “whoop” sound. Or, the coughs are compulsive and hard to stop, leading to gagging.
Babies may not cough at all though, but instead, they have trouble breathing. Because this infection requires Secretory IgA antibodies, which infants under 6 months have not developed yet, it is vital to breast feed at this time. Since these antibodies are passed on via the placenta or breast milk only until 6 months of age. It’s also important to note that Secretory IgA antibodies are NOT stimulated by vaccines.
“Even though children who haven’t received DTaP vaccines are at least eight times more likely to get whooping cough than children who received all five recommended doses of DTaP, they are not the driving force behind the large-scale outbreaks or epidemics, according to the CDC.”
Also, “The older vaccine for whooping cough was phased out in the late 1990s. It carried a high risk of serious but temporary side effects like pain and swelling at the site of injection, as well as serious complications such as febrile convulsions, which are fits or seizures caused by a sudden change in a child’s body temperature, and loss of consciousness. One study by researchers at Kaiser Permanente’s Vaccine Study Center in Oakland, Calif., found the newer pertussis vaccine, while safer and with fewer side effects than the older version, is not as effective.” Whooping cough is making a comeback. Here’s why. The Star
Pertussis is infectious for about 5 weeks, while the individual has any kind of congestion. Even thought this is a bacteria, antibiotics have no influence on the course of the disease, other than reducing the infectious period to less than 10 days. So choosing to do a round of anti-biotics may be a good idea.
If you do so, be sure to take a super high, multi-strain probiotic to counter balance the loss of any of your good fighter bacteria, both during and after the infection. I always suggest taking a minimum dose of 120 billion a day.
How To Resolve The 100 Day Cough aka Pertussis…Naturally!
To help you recover faster I recommend a number of healthy, natural tools that are incredibly effective.
- Improve your overall immunity with high probiotics and anti-oxidants like SynergyDefense.
- Take specific iaomai remedies to both boost immunity, and quickly eliminate your symptoms; such as, the Healthy Immunity Kit and the Winter Survival kit. (click the name to see the kit)
- Avoid congestive foods like alcohol, dairy, sugar, processed carbohydrates that break down into sugar and put a strain on your digestive system. Such as pasta, breads, cookies etc…
- Eat more veggies. The more nutritive your food, the faster your body can reduce congestion and repair itself. By eating as clean and close to nature as you can during this time, you reduce the stress on your digestion, which is a make or break for recover. If you already have an impaired digestive system and struggle already, I suggest you take a look at the Digestive Support kit. It is specifically designed to help you repair and recover from many different digestive disturbances.
- Get more sleep! We all know that stress and exhaustion weaken the immune system. So, the moment you feel like you are “coming down” with something, try to go to bed early for a few nights. Or, if you are already sick, definitely go to bed early and sleep as much as you can. If you have trouble getting to sleep, try taking some magnesium before bed, or try a relaxing tea like Chamomile. Essential oils of Cedar and Lavender either diffused or rubbed along your temple and jaw can also help induce a good night sleep!
- De-Stress, with meditation or taking time to be quiet and relax by doing whatever makes you feel calm. Reading a good book, watching your favourite tv shows, soaking in a soothing tub full of epsom salts and essential oils, listening to soothing music, etc…
- Super boost your immune system with a set of Customized Ascending dose remedies! By far my favourite tool. Whether you are just starting to get sick, or you are struggling with an illness that just won’t go away. These remedies are designed to address the exact issue you are struggling with and by the law of similar resonance, remove the whole state. Since, no two similar disease states can reside within the life force/body at one time. Thus the remedies matching the symptoms and state you are struggling with push out this state, being stronger energetically, and once removed, your healing life force will rebalance and repair as best it can. To check out these Customized Remedies click this link to read more and order.
Last but certainly not least, is to look at the state of mind you are in that is allowing you to resonate and thus attract this illness?
Every illness and disease has an emotional and mental component, not just physical symptoms.
We very rarely pay attention to this, since the physical symptoms are enough to drive us to distraction just to get a handle on them. However, if you can begin to know what you are also feeling on a mental and emotional level around this illness, it will allow a much greater and deeper clearing.
Often when people “recover” from the physical illness, they still struggle with residual symptoms? Why? It may be that the physical body is just too weak to fully recover. If this is the case then contact me for a private one on one to learn how to strengthen your whole body.
Or, it can be that the underlying state that was there was not resolved.
The mental and emotional side of many bacteria is initially due to stress and overwhelm.
The majority of bacteria live symbiotically (living in mutual benefit). What turns bacteria into pathogens is overcrowding and stress.
Pertussis aka the 100 day cough, is often triggered when an individual is struggling with feeling overwhelmed and anxious, leading to feelings of confusion, mental exhaustion and emotional weakness (easily upset, frustrated or overwhelmed).
Sounds a lot like pre Christmas stress to me. : )
So be kind to yourself. Listen to how you are feeling. If you are feeling overwhelmed, slow down, take it easy, put things off for another day and love yourself!
Life will still be there tomorrow.
in whole health,
If you enjoyed this blog post, please share the health filled love with one of the social share links.
And if you Loved this post, be sure to sign up for my newsletters and become a part of my Health Seeker Community. Where you will get even more free health tips, tricks and tools. Plus a HUGE Discount on your first on line purchase!